Through caring and individual Mathematical guidance, our staff endeavour to:
- Develop in students the confidence to solve problems by using a logical sequence and correct calculations
- Present to students a variety of experiences that will allow them to practise and develop techniques in Mathematics, appropriate to their ability level and their needs in the near future, whether they be in school, tertiary education, or the community
- Develop in our students a positive attitude to Mathematics
The study of mathematics is mandatory from Kindergarten to Year 10.
Here is the syllabus for Mathematics K-10.
By studying mathematics, students learn to work mathematically – developing fluency, understanding, problem-solving, reasoning and communication skills.
The syllabus consists of the following strands:
- number and algebra
- measurement and geometry
- statistics and probability.
In Year 11 and 12, the study of mathematics is optional. Courses offered include:
- Mathematics Extension 2 (Year 12 only)
- Mathematics Extension 1
- Mathematics Advanced
- Mathematics Standard 2
- Mathematics Standard 1 (Optional HSC examination)
- Mathematics Life Skills.